Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Weekend with the Grandparents

John and I went to the lake this past weekend. We should have never been on the road, but thanks to me and my persistence, we went anyway. The rain storm was so bad, John had to drive 45 to 50 mph almost the whole way there. It usually takes us about 2 1/2 hours, but this time it took 3 1/2. It seemed like the longest trip of my life. I just had to see my parents and grandparents. We stopped to see my Dad's mom and dad first. They were so excited to see us. As soon as we got there, they took us out for ice cream. Yum! Yum! We spent Friday night with them and visited until Saturday about 11. We then continued on the lake house which is only about 35 miles from there. We met Mom and Dad at the lake for the weekend, along with my Mom's Parents, Aunt Cindy, Cousin Nikki and her little girl Paisley. I had so much fun seeing everyone. It has been since Thanksgiving since I had last seen my grandparents. They both seem to be doing great. The lake is up a lot since last time, but we didn't get in. Mom, Dad and Great Grandpa went trotlining for catfish and we ended up having a great catfish fry Saturday night. Here are a few pics John and I took at the lake and one of Granny and Paw Paw V. at our wedding.



Granny and Paw Paw V.

Sorry I didn't take any pictures at the house. I completely forgot.




John enjoying his alone time (man time).


John took this picture of me as the sun was setting. It was so beautiful!



Paisley, Great Grandma, Mom, Cindy


Paisley had them all laughing because she was snorting so much.

Great Grandpa, Mom, Dad

The best fishermen (and woman) EVER!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment